American Community Bank & Trust was founded in 2000 by a group of local business leaders who believed that a refined focus on McHenry County would allow a deeper commitment to the success and prosperity of local clients. They were also inspired to keep the significant and sustaining benefits of access to capital, financial advice and wealth management within our community.
- Our founders and organizers began with a vision to be a community bank built on relationships
- Initiated community stock offering
- Raised $19.1 million in capital in 30 days—a new state and national record
March 14, 2000
- Opened for business in Woodstock
- Ended first nine months with $100+ million in assets
- Moved to our permanent Woodstock bank
- Total assets grew by 33%
- Introduced American Community Wealth Management
- Moved into our permanent McHenry bank
- Opened Crystal Lake bank
- Recognized in Entrepreneur magazine and PricewaterhouseCoopers' "11th Annual Hot 100-The Fastest-Growing Businesses in America"
- Initiated ParaPlanner Certification program for all personal bankers to become Relationship Bankers
- Recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in Entrepreneur magazines's "Hot 500" and in the first-ever Inc. magazine's "Inc. 5,000"
- Opened Huntley bank in December